Version 1.28 of Slickr Flickr was released today with a few new features and some improvements and a choice of payment options for Slickr Flickr Pro. The bulk of the work was related to improving the integration with the latest version of the Galleria jQuery script. Galleria now has a carousel, a choice of themes and around 20 parameters that allow you to configure pretty much every aspect of the appearance and behaviour of the galleria. Slickr Flickr lets you set the galleria parameters via the “options” parameter.
There will be a further release of Slickr Flickr in a week that adds support for private Flickr connections, and multiple Flickr galleries, for Pro Users. I want to create some videos explaining the setup of these features before making them available.
- Added option search=”galleries” gallery=”your gallery id” to display a Flickr gallery – this now automatically converts from the public gallery id to the compound gallery id so you no longer have to lookup the full compound gallery id
- Added option restrict=”orientation” to filter photos so only those of the desired orientation are displayed
- Updated Galleria script to version 1.2.3
- Updated admin feature to choose the version of the Galleria to use including an option not to load Galleria at all if you don’t use this form of display
- Added admin option to select the Galleria theme
New Payments Options
Some users of Slickr Flickr expressed the view that they would like to upgrade to Pro but did not like monthly payments. I have therefore introduced both an annual payment option and a single lifetime payment option.
See Slickr Flickr Pro Upgrade for more on why and how to upgrade.