Slickr Flickr Pro offers you access to two private Members Forums: a priority support forum and a suggestions forum.
Priority Support Forum
Get your support issues resolved quickly typically with 24 hours but often with a couple of hours if I am online at the time.
The support will cover anything to do with the Slickr Flickr plugin but not extend to general WordPress issues or computer issues in general.
Users probems typically fall into four areas:
- Getting started: some people prefer to ask rather than read the documentation
- Flickr issues: sometimes Flickr can be slow in making changes to photos publicly available and this leads to the assumption that the issue is in WordPress or the plugin – generally just waiting is a good ploy and the issue resolves itself with any action being taken
- WordPress Theme issues: The WordPress theme overrides the plugin settings and causes undesirable formtting – the resolution here is to add some more specific CSS to the themes stylesheet so it does not affect Slickr Flickr adversely
At time of writing there are 77 posts in the support forum and it looks like this:
Slickr Flickr Pro Suggestion Forum
With Pro membership your suggestions for new features for Slickr Flickr are implemented sooner.
The Slickr Flickr Pro suggestions forum has had a dozen suggestions since December 2010 of which nine have been implemented.
- Slideshow Alignment – left, centrally and right aligned slideshows
- Slideshow Transition Delay – control how long the transition effect lasts
- Add Carousel to the Galleria – implemented via support for Galleria 1.2 /1.2.3
- Add Slide Transitions to the Galleria – implemented via support for Galleria 1.2 /1.2.3
- Unlimited Photos from Photosets
- Improved LightBox support for photo descriptions and documented limitations for the various supported lightboxes: ThickBox, Slimbox, ShadowBox, ShutterBox, LightBox Plus, LightBox Evolution, HighSlide, FancyBox and WP PrettyPhoto
- Simpler integration of Slickr Flickr with galleria themes
- Caching was implemented in support of the random photos
- Random Photos
Of the the other three suggestions: one was outside the scope of the plugin as it involved photos not hosted on Flickr; another was my own suggestion that had no takers; and the last which is a paging features for large galleries will be implemented in the next release.