With the release of version 1.25 Slickr Flickr now supports Galleria 1.2 options. These allow you to configure around 20 or so galleria options that control slide transitions, thumbnail cropping, image cropping, scaling, margins, captions, image preloading, etc.
The parameter to use is called “options” and the list of parameters is expressed in the same way as CSS where the parameter name and value are separated by a colon and each parameter name/value pair is separated by a semi-colon.
options="param1:value1; param2:value2; param3:value3"
or to give a real example
options="imageCrop:height; carousel:false; transitionSpeed:1000"
Two other features have been added in this release:
- The “Classic” Galleria skin has been tweaked to improve its appearance on a light colored background. The navigation areas have also been reduced in size to obscure less of the image and the carousel navigation has been removed completely when the “small” galleria is displayed as there is simply insufficient horizontal space
- Support has been added for the galleria 1.2 where the “size” is either “small” or “m640”
Below are example of “Medium” and “Medium 640” gallerias.
Example of a Medium Size Galleria 1.2
Here the carousel has been disabled and transition speed reduced, and the images have been cropped to be the height of the “stage”.
slickr-flickr tag="dogs" descriptions="on" type="galleria" options="autoplay:3000; imageCrop:true; carousel:false; transitionSpeed:1000; transition:pulse""
Example of a Medium 640 Size Galleria 1.2
Here the carousel has been enabled, the slideshow starts automatically and slide transition is of type “fadeslide”.
slickr-flickr tag="dogs" type="galleria" size="m640" options="autoplay:5000; imageCrop:true; carousel:true; transitionSpeed:2000; transition:fadeslide"
Commonly Used Galleria 1.2 Options
The options that I will use most often are:
- autoplay – set this to run a slideshow where the value is the time between slides in milliseconds
- showInfo – set to false to hide the caption
- showImagenav – set to false to hide the arrows to navigate to the previous or next photos
- transitionSpeed – the time over which the transition takes place in milliseconds
- transition – the type of transition from one photo to the next
Galleria 1.2 Transition Effects
- fade – fades one image into the next
- flash – fades into background color between images
- pulse – fades the image into background color quickly, then fades the next image
- slide – slides the images horizontally
- fadeslide – combination effect of sliding and fading between images at the same time